What is my claim worth?
A common first question to a lawyer is what is my injury worth?
In a personal injury claim, your lawyer should be able to tell you what damages you could be entitled to after obtaining medical documentation, expert reports and case law.
Determining damages due to an injured person requires knowledge and experience and involves a number of factors. Some of these factors are:
- The nature of the injury and how long it will last.
- Was the injury caused or worsened by the accident?
- Was any part of the person’s physical problems in existence before the accident?
- Will the injury or condition improve or be permanent?
- Will there be an impact on the person’s ability to work in the future?
- Is there any loss of past income and how can we prove it?
- What future care, if any, will be needed?
Most people do not have the necessary knowledge or experience to negotiate the amount of their claims.
Many people find themselves at a disadvantage in negotiation with an adjuster about what his or her claim is worth.
Call or come speak to one of our experienced personal injury lawyers who have such knowledge so that your rights are protected.
~ Richard Stewart